Monday, December 11, 2017

Halloween Lineup

We had a simpler Halloween this year. Since the costume contest got nixed from Trunk or Treat, the girls didn't really have any incentive to do different costumes for that. I certainly had it easier. Kara decided to be a pirate because it was the only way Ben would buy her a fancy new pirate costume for our upcoming cruise. Evie wanted to be Elena of Avalor, and already had the dress, so we just had to purchase accessories. Kiersten wanted to be a panda, and we saw a mascot head at the store, so picked that up, and then she just dressed in black and white. Due to her love of pandas, she already had several pair of panda socks to choose from. She went with the warm, furry ones to keep warm. I let Kara wear a pair of my boots, which fit her shockingly well. She also wore my old leather jacket and leather gloves, which she still hasn't given back. I think this is just the start of her taking over my closet.
I really felt like I got off the hook as far as making costumes this year, so I decided I should still make them a treat bag to go with their outfit. 
I made Kiersten a white, fuzzy bag and cut out black felt for a panda face. Pretty easy and fun!

I found this fabric that matched so well with Evie's dress, so her bag was just a pretty red one with teal flowers. I made it extra long, so she liked the idea of possibly getting more candy. (She got about as much as usual.)
I already had some pirate fabric, so I made Kara's bag out of that, and did hers as a draw string, because she's always swinging things around, tossing onto her bed, etc. She was pleased with her extra long bag as well. 

Pretty posing panda. 
Magical princess Elena.
Super cool pirate. 
The girls originally wanted to decorate the van like a panda wearing a princess crown, and pirate eye patch, but I couldn't nail down a good plan for that, so Evie talked the others into attempting a unicorn. My goal for next year is to plan out any trunk decorating sooner than the day of the trunk or treat. We pulled it off, but I think we could have done a few things better. The girls were really happy with it and excited to show their friends, so that's what matters, I guess. 
It was cold, so luckily Kiersten has a fluffy white coat that didn't detract from her costume too much. One of her besties was also dressed as a panda. 

Of course everyone had to wear the panda head around the house. You can tell this is Evie because of the crown on top. After one too many instances of walking into the livingroom to find someone sitting on the couch, casually watching tv with this on, or watching them trying to tie their shoes, or work on homework, I had to make the head disappear into the Halloween costume box until next year. 

No comments: