Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Fencing Expo

This weekend the girl scouts were having some sort of sports expo, and Kiersten's fencing club was invited to attend. She was very excited to go and to show off her foil skills. Ben and his friend drove the girls down town while I took Kara to her basketball practice, and Evie to her soccer game. They were really good about getting some pictures. 
She said she had a lot of fun. Ben said he was not impressed. I guess she just needs to keep practicing so he will be the next time. 




After fencing was over, Ben brought her to Evie's soccer game, which luckily was also where Kiersten's soccer game was right after. It was really cold, but she was amped up to get in the goal. Both teams were blue, so her team wore the red tanktop things. Kiersten wore yellow to play goalie. 
They were down 0-1 until the last 10 seconds when Twin Oaks came back and tied the game with no play time left. They were happy to take a tie instead of a loss, and even more happy to get out of the cold. 
As much as they love playing, I just want soccer to be over now that I have to sit in the cold to watch. Basketball practices have begun, and with Kara and Kiersten both playing for 2 teams, I guess my weekends are about to switch to sitting in gyms instead of fields. I can't complain about that. 

No comments: