Monday, December 11, 2017

New Door! New Closet! New Livingroom Paint!

Projects! Projects! Projects!

I don't mind the green paint in our livingroom, but Ben has never liked it. We happened to move here with lots of decor that actually works with the green, but I finally agreed to paint over it. Here are a few pictures of before with the green and beige walls. 



This is how it looks repainted in gray. It is such a tall room, and was not easy to paint around the bay window, multiple doors, fireplace and bar, but I got it done. The color on the fireplace/bookshelf wall is actually a lighter gray with more blue in it. I don't think it is noticeably different enough to make it worth using 2 colors. Ben swears he sees a big difference. 
All of the decor is the same. I couldn't remember exactly where things had been, so they got rearranged somewhat. That's what happens every year after Christmas anyway, so I'm not too concerned about it. 

The one thing I'm not sure on is the curtains. I don't think they look as good with the new color, but Ben still really likes them, so we're going to live with it for now. 
Ben's big project after the diningroom was picking out a new front door. I would have been fine to just repaint what we had and maybe replace the storm door. But he was set on a plan, and extremely picky with what he wanted. 
Here are just a few random pictures I found that show the old door pretty well. The kids are in them all, of course. 
I found a few of the inside view as well. The door isn't something I take a lot of solo pictures of apparently. 
We got a lot of light through the side windows and the transom along the top. I was pretty worried about Ben's plan to eliminate all the glass and get a big old door. 

Lots of fun times with the ugly green door. 
The new door, just how Ben wanted it. We do get a lot less light, and I can't see who is ringing the doorbell or knocking without windows or a peephole, but we're getting used to it. 
Kara and I decided to do a photo shoot to show Ben how it turned out when she got home from school. At first glance when I downloaded these pictures, I could have sworn this was me! She is wearing my old jacket, though. 
Cute Karalee. 
That's how it looks when no one is posing by it. 
Ben just had to have a 2 panel door, so he had to custom order. I still don't get what's so awful about the 6 panel doors, but I guess he hates them. I do love the doorknobs he picked out. They are perfect. 
Ike the pumpkin butler fit right in with the new door, and was excited to stand there through Halloween. 
My big project was getting shelving installed in my closet. I don't have any before pictures, because I never thought to take pictures of my cluttered closet, but just imagine white wire shelving so high, I could barely reach anything up top. Lots of shoes fit on those shelves now. All the shoes!
I put in jewelry drawers, which means Kiersten got my jewelry armoire, and boy is she thrilled!
Very exciting. Of course it's all crammed full of my stuff now, so it doesn't look as picture perfect. 


No comments: