Thursday, December 5, 2019

No One Sleeps At A Slumber Party

You may recall that in the month of March, a girl named Kiersten became 11 years old. Due to spring break and traveling, she didn't get to have a birthday party until April. She planned it all out herself, which was a nice change for me to not have too much to figure out. 

She picked out wooden boxes for them to paint, and I got some white t-shirts to protect their clothes. I thought it would be cute to paint all of their names on the t-shirts. 
We also had an ice cream bar. She kept saying her theme was a silver and white party, but couldn't really say why, or what she meant by that, so I just bought all white and silver disposable dishes, etc. 
They went crazy with toppings, and I don't know how some of them even ate their creations. So. Much. Sugar. 






Little sisters make great supervisors. 
I had plenty of puffy paint left from putting the names on the shirts, so I let them decorate the shirts further. It got a little out of hand, but I'm not the one who has to wear it, so I let them create freely. 

Kiersten wanted to open her gifts whilst wearing her panda head. 
They all thought it was just hilarious, and the opening took forever. 
Luckily she gave up on that, and they finished up. 
I let them pick out a couple movies to watch and sent them to the basement to sleep. It was a successful and easy party. I didn't even have to make a cake!

No comments: