Thursday, December 5, 2019

Cotillion Queen

Kara had so much fun doing the cotillion program through her school last year, so she wanted to participate again this year.

I made Ben tag along for the dinner with me this time so he could observe the experience. 
Last year there were 3 tables full of parents that came to the dinner. This year, we just had the one table with about 7 of us. So I guess it's really hit or miss. 
The dancing is her favorite part, though I'm glad she is learning dining, and social etiquette. The phone skills was something that I hadn't realized I haven't really taught my kids very well. 
Most of the kids are kind of hesitant and reserved, and I think it's fun to see Kara just out there confident and happy. I was never like that at her age, but I'm glad she is. 
Kara got first place in both waltz and salsa. But since she'd already won a gift card for the waltz, they asked her to let the second place girl with the gift card for salsa, and she was very sweet to oblige. 










She won an I tunes gift card, and is again certified as an official cotillion gal!

No comments: