Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Turkey Trotters 2016

The turkey trot this year fell on a rainy day, but the girls spirits were not dampened. Kara had early math class, so I didn't get a picture of her before school. 
I thought this year's shirts were pretty cute, much better than the last couple of years. 
Kiersten's was first, so I headed to her classroom to hang out. 
She kept saying she was part of the leggings parade, since lots of girls in her class had fun leggings to run in. 
The grass was wet, but I was glad it stopped raining. It was actually a nice temperature for running. 
poor Kiersten had been sick for a few days, and was having breathing issues. I almost didn't have her run, but she really wanted to. 

Silly 3rd graders!

She did a great job, despite not feeling well. She was really wheezing by the end though. I think she'd have finished faster if she was 100%. She still ran a pretty good mile, 10:06.

I didn't have much time to hang around after she finished, because I was already late getting to Kara's classroom visit. 
I only got to spend a few minutes in Kara's class, but she was still happy to see me. 
She is the best one of my kids at looking for my camera when in a group photo. 
5th grade is one of our smaller classes. 

She would be walking until she could see me, and then start running again. I should have run with her to motivate her to go faster, but hardly any parents run with 5th grade, so I didn't want to make her feel awkward. 
Kara came in around 10:45, which is not bad at all, but I'd really like to see how fast she could do a mile if she ran the entire thing without walking. She's got those long legs, after all. She is constantly winning the speed drills at Tae Kwon Do, and she runs fast playing basketball. I think she just gets pooped out trying to keep up her speed for more than a few minutes. 

Evie pie was my last class visit, and I had perfect timing after Kara ran to get to her classroom. I even had a few minutes to wait in the lobby.


These guys were quite the unruly group to get lined up for a picture. We have 5 classes of first grade, and it's like they realize the power in their number. They're definitely a force.
The competition was also fairly strong among the parents to get in for a picture, so I just got this side view. 
Evie was a pretty good little runner. She even fell down, and just hopped right back up and kept running before I could yell out to her to do so. 
She was about 10:30. She was really tired, and said she felt like falling down in the grass. I didn't want her to because it was so muddy. 


I'm pretty proud of my little turkeys!

No comments: