Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Lewis and Clark Caverns

We had planned on a hike, but decided instead to visit Lewis and Clark Caverns in Montana. 
The drive was not bad and seemed pretty quick compared to all the driving we'd already been doing. 


It was very pretty when we got up there. 
And we did end up doing a little bit of hiking to get to the cave entrance. 

They were excited when we got up there. Evie thought all of the rock was fake at first.
There were a lot of stairs and tight squeezes. We even had to scoot down the "beaver slide" on our bums. 
We really enjoyed seeing all of the different formations and learning about the cave. 




Evie only got scared when they turned out the lights. She let go of my hand and clung to a guy standing near us. I had to laugh when I heard him loudly whisper, "I'm not your dad". I thought, "phew, at least I know where she is".
It was a little chilly in there, but not nearly as bad as we thought it would be. I didn't want to use my sweatshirt at all and wished I had left it behind. 


It was a fun group, and a really great activity. Betty got a ride to the lower part of the cave on a golf cart so she could come into the last room of the cave with all of those. I thought that was very nice. I would love to do this again, but not sure Evie would be very willing. 

No comments: