Sunday, June 23, 2019

Sporting Winter

Evie's only winter sport this year was dance, so we got to spend a lot of time hanging out together while the sisters were away.
She got to tag along to a lot of basketball games. Kara's team this year was the Golden Girls. 




Sometimes Evie gets a little restless if she hasn't brought anything to do. I like that she has to learn to just sit there sometimes though. Life isn't always going to be entertaining after all.
I myself, enjoy watching the game. They all play so hard.


Kiersten's team is also fun to watch. I get a little nervous sometimes, but they won their division, so I didn't need to worry, it turns out. 




It's cool to see how much they improve over the season. 


We decided to take the girls to Kansas CIty for the playoff game, even though we had to drive through a blizzard to get there. It was kind of scary. The girls were sent home from school early, so that worked in our favor, as we got on the road earlier than planned.  Our wiper blade flew off early into the drive, so we had to pull off to get it replaced, and that slowed us down enough to be behind all of the bad traffic issues. 
I tried to make the best of the situation, even though I was dying being stuck in that car for so long! Our drive was more than double. It took 9 1/2 hours to get there, but in the end I was just grateful to have arrived safely. We witnessed several accidents happen, and the kids counted more than 60 cars off the side of the road. We even saw some trucks turned over, and some that had slid down hills, etc, so I was never more happy to be in our hotel safe and sound. 
Everyone was recovered by breakfast, and excited to head over to the game. 
Imagine our disappointment to be stuck in horrible conditions once again. The morning weather was much worse than what was predicted. 
Luckily Ben did the driving and I just had to sit there panicking silently. (Somewhat silently.)
I don't love winter. I've never understood people that do. 
It's tricky to get the girls dressed nice and warm for the game, but not too bundled for riding in the car. They never think they want their warm things until we're in the stadium.


Once we arrived, it felt like it was worth all the stress of getting ourselves there. I tried not to think about having to drive home. 






The seats were very snowy. It's a good thing we barely sit down after the game gets under way. 












It was fun to watch the Chiefs win!
See what a trooper I am? 


The kind of score we like to see. 
Nothing beats the fun energy in Arrowhead when we're really creaming the other team.


We decided not to take the kids to the next playoff game. It was supposed to be even colder, but it wasn't as blizzardy. I refused to go along unless I could get a new warm coat and snow pants. Now I'm all set in case I ever decide to go skiing. Ha! I'm not going skiing. 
We had a really fun game, even losing to the lame-o Patriots. 
It was an exciting, roller coaster type game, and we were surrounded by great people. I can't wait til we beat Tom Brady next time. I missed having the girls there cheering the team on, but was also appreciative that they weren't there whining, crying, or constantly handing me gloves and hats, and then wanting them back, and going to the bathroom 8 million times. 


No comments: