Friday, March 9, 2012

birthday cake sneak peek

Yesterday Evie picked out a halloween shirt. I didn't want her to war it, so I put it back and put something else on her. She cried and kept getting it back out of the drawer, so I just let her wear it. guess she already has an oppinion about her style.The big girls hanging out.Ben is not here to hepl me with Kiersten's birthday cake. But luckily my mom is, and she helped out a ton. Kiersten wanted a Princess Celestia (from my little pony) cake. she also wanted a tiered cake. I took a few pictures so Ben could see before her party tomorrow. Spike the dragon took a dive as I was taking this picture. I'm still not the best with fondant, but it goes a little better each time. And I'm not super worried about impressing a bunch of 3-5 year olds.Here's the finished cake. I couldn't fit on all the ponies she picked out, so some ended up on the board.I put the worst fondant part in the back, but then I ended up writing happy birthday on the side because that big bow was on the front. So my awful fondanting will be seen, but owell.Kiersten is really excited for her party tomorrow, and her special surprise Daddy has been telling her she is going to learn about on monday!

2 comments:

VicandNanc said...

That cake is amazing! I don't even dare try fondant. It looks like the perfect cake for Miss Kiersten too :)

Vicky Van Sickle said...

The cake is beautiful! I have never tried to make a fondant cake.