Friday, December 9, 2011

snowfall

Ben made some paper snowflakes with the girls this weekend. They have wanted to make more every day after school. It's kinda funny to me because I spend so much time trying to think of new ideas for things to do with them, that it's easy to forget how much they like doing simple and easy things like this too. I took a few pictures of the snowflake making the other day, but this is the only one of my pictures I ended up posting, just to get one of Kara in there. Kara asked if she could take a picture too, and she snpped a bunch. I ended up liking her pictures better. She has asked for a camera for Christmas, and has been reminding me about it a lot lately. "If I had my own camera to use..." is what I hear at least once a day.

Kiersten wanted to make them herself at first, but soon decided just to direct me how to make them for her. She would choose the color, and say, "now cut a triangle, now cut out a butterfly shape," etc. She is still quite proud of them, and they look so bright and cheery taped up all over the diningroom.

I got this same picture, but from an adult level. I really liked Kara's shot from her pov.



I didn't even notice Kara taking pictures of Evie, but there were several of them on the camera. She was happy for the ones on the fireplace, then I could tell Kara was trying to pose her in other spots, and Evie wasn't happy about it.

I have to admit it was kind of fun for me too. I don't remember the last time I cut a paper snowflake, but it's definitely more enjoyable than I remembered.

1 comment:

Vicky Van Sickle said...

It's been a long time since I made snowflakes too. Your snowflakes on the wall are nice and colorful.