Tuesday, November 23, 2010

snow

Kiersten is so happy to have inherited Kara's old jewelry box. She is constantly taking things out to wear, and then putting them back in. And Kara has been a little obsessed with inheriting my old one. I've had this since high school, so it was time for a new one. I also had a shoe box full of necklaces, that all have a home now in my new jewelry stand. I haven't taken a picture of it yet since Ben put it together for me.
It has been snowing the past few days. The girls absolutely love it, and were excited as soon as they saw it was snowing. I am not a fan of the snow, but I tried to keep my mouth shut and just let them be happy about it. It was hard last night not to say anything, as the snow caused Ben to be stuck in traffic for hours. It took him a little more than 5 hours to get home. His drive is normally 45 minutes to an hour 10 minutes on bad days. Kiersten started crying and asking why he wasn't home yet when we ate dinner without him.
Ben played in the snow a bit with the girls on sunday. here he is kicking off his flip flops. I can't remember why that happened.
they love sliding in the snow, because they go down really fast.

yesterday it was still snowing. While Kara was at school, Kiersten really wanted to go outside, but was unwilling to wear pants. She was so stubborn, and threw a fit every time I tried to put her pants on, so she never ended up getting to go out.
Today she was more willing, because Kara was out there playing, and she got jealous. It's pretty cold, but at least the sun is shining today! I had to tell her 4 or 5 times to stop eating snow.
Kara playing soccer in the snow. she lost her boot a couple times.
Kara spent a good 5 minutes trying to make a snowball. She handed it to Kiersten, who promptly threw it back in her face.
Ben decided to go in to work today, though he thinks his appointments probably wont show up. But he can get caught up on other stuff. There don't seem to be as many cars out and about today, so hopefully he wont have such a long commute tonight. I was watching the news last night while waiting for him to get home, and they were just reporting accident after accident non stop. I remember it being the same way 2 years ago when we had snow. It seems like common sense to me that you don't speed or slam on your brakes in the snow, but I guess not everyone is aware.

3 comments:

Josh and Jackie said...

So fun for the girls...I love there coats and boots!..So adorable..Kara & Kiersten's faces on the top pictures are priceless. They both look so happy to get new jewelery box's and I do want to see a picture of your new one! sorry about Ben getting stuck so long in traffic that would suck so bad!...We miss and love you guys..

Josh and Jackie said...

Sorry "their"

Angelique said...

SO fun, I hate the snow but my girls are really obsessed with it too! Thats exciting that you got a new jewelry box. I'm excited to see it