Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Let the Good Times Roll

Wednesday was the last day of school for the girls. They were definitely ready to be done, and so was I, honestly. I am glad everyone was ready early to take a few pictures, because when we walked out to head for the bus stop, it started to pour.
They wanted a standing pose as well. Evie and Kiersten had last day hairdo requests. Kara just wanted to do her own hair.
I never know what I'll get when I ok them to give me a crazy pose. Kara doesn't like to get too out of the box.
Our hot tub finally arrived! We have used it several times already. Ben is working on a bunch of projects back there, so I'll get some better pictures when everything is ready. But it's definitely a welcome addition to our evenings.
The parents were ready with the silly string when the bus rolled in on the last day. I brought a few extra cans, because the kids like to grab a can and get in on the fun.

Evie enjoyed being in the fray this year. I did kind of miss having a happy little partner in crime.

Kiersten was very concerned about getting it in her hair.

She was also sweet to clean off the mess on my car. Some of those boys went a little rogue when they got their hands on some silly string!
They also tried to get the bus as it came back around to leave the neighborhood. Fingers are crossed that we'll have our amazing bus driver again next year. Our district just purchased their own fleet of busses, so I'm not sure how it will all work out.
After school, we headed over to the park for a big play date with buddies from school. I got lucky to get a parking spot, but we had the whole drive up lined with cars and 2 ice cream trucks.
Evie's pig tails didn't survive the last day at school, but I just let her run wild with crazy hair. We didn't get to stay too late because I had concession duty again at the softball field. I'm glad to have both of my volunteer shifts out of the way. Now I can just enjoy summer with the kids.
Kara was a little bossy about who got bubble wands and how they used them.


For the last brownie activity, we were supposed to have a campfire activity, but it rained on Friday. So we switched gears to a fun skate night with the girls. They had a great time. Kiersten was terrible at first. She just kept falling down the second she stepped skate on the rink. But she got up and got up, and did well by the end of the night. She even skated below the limbo stick without falling. She does have a bruised bum to show for it though.
I adore this group of girls beyond words. We have so much fun. I am sad that Kiersten has decided not to fit girl scouts into her schedule next year, and I won't be troop leader any more. Luckily we are in sports and other activities with these girls, so will still see them lots, but it won't be quite the same.
Pool season has officially begun. We had perfect weather this weekend. so we have lived at the pool for the last 3 days. Evie always finds something fun to do there.
 Kiersten and co. I often wonder what they are talking about so seriously. 8 is a very dramatic age, it turns out.
 Kara bear is always happy to just do her thing.
 The silly billies sure do keep us laughing.
 We did have a thunderstorm roll in late afternoon yesterday. But we were ready to head home for dinner anyway.

Kiersten wanted to do some sunbathing/chatting over in the baby pool.
 My handsome guy about to be attacked by 5 year olds. It's nice that the dads are magnets for the younger kids to climb on, splash, and kick in the face. I get to deal more with the big girls wanting to be dragged around in tubes. (And the occasional squirt gun sneak attack from Kara.)
Swim team starts today. The girls are excited and ready, so bring on summer!

No comments: