Thursday, May 26, 2016

Evie Pie- End of the school year

Kindergarten Graduation was actually a week and a half before school got out. I got there as fast as I could after Kara's track meet. (I did stop at home to change out of my sweaty clothes first.)
The kiddos were very excited and full of energy.
They were very cute saying their kindergarten poem. Evie got to say her line for the letter "A". She was practicing all week.
She has a very difficult time standing still, so that always gets me some fun pictures.
And I tend to end up with some crazy ones too. I guess it feels like a big smile when she does this, because that's what she is attempting to do.
She was happy to have such a stylish graduation cap.
This was the only pose I got of her with her teacher. Like I said, she does not hold still for long these days. She is devastated about not being in Mrs. Shipman's class next year. (Even though it looks like she can't get away from her fast enough, haha)
I checked her out of school after the program so we could have some Mommy-Evie time.
She wanted to take selfies in the lobby. They always want to take selfies!

We decided to head over to Andy's for some frozen custard. Lots of her friends were there. I was wondering if any of the kids had stayed at school after the program.
I was sunburned from being at Kara's track meet, and didn't want to stay out in the sun too long. Plus we had to beat the school bus home before Kara and Kiersten got there.
On Wednesday, after the second grade plays, Evie had a girl scout party at the park. I checked Kiersten out after her play, so we spent a little time at the park waiting for the other girls to get out of school. It was an adventure walking all of them across the street together. They were holding onto a rope, and some wanted to walk faster than others, so there were tears. I had my girls throw old t-shirts over their cute outfits since I'd heard colored water balloons would be making an appearance.
They did a scavenger hunt and ate snacks first. They also got their prizes from cookies sales. Evie got a keepsake box and patch.
She steered clear of the water balloons, so it turned out Evie's t-shirt was unneeded. But Kiersten and Kara were happy to get in the thick of it.
She took off the t-shirt because she was worried that no one would see her cute top underneath.
I did make her help pick up water balloons with the other girls though. It was part of the "lesson" aspect of the activity.
Kiersten was thrilled to get drenched in blue and green water.
On Thursday Evie was running a fever, and acting like she didn't feel well, so I kept her home from school. After just one dose of Tylenol, she seemed much better, and the fever never came back. She wanted to send selfies to daddy to make him want to come home from work. This plan was not successful.
I decided that it would be a perfect day to take her to six flags since it's always easier with just one. Also, most everyone was still in school, so it was not crowded. There were some high schools there, but teenagers don't tend to compete for the same rides as Evie. Look how much she loves Sylvester now! My favorite Six Flags memory is when she rejected him and called him creepy, haha.

She had her pick of the rides. Most of the kids in the Bugs Bunny Land were preschool age and younger, so she was living large.

She did tire out a little faster than I thought she would, so I think she really did have a touch of something. But she still had a great day.

After we got home, she wanted a nap, and I should have napped with her before rushing off for concession duty. I had 5 hours of that, so it turned out to be a long day for old Mommy.

No comments: