Sunday, December 15, 2013

New floor! new floor!

Our new floor is finished, and I'm so happy with it. I hated our living room carpet so much. I guess I didn't take a picture of the entry and kitchen, but we had them refinished, and they look great too! Doesn't my living room look like a dance floor?
Since Ben was in Chicago, and I didn't want to try moving the furniture around by myself, we decided to have a sock hop. It was pretty fun.
The girls were pretty happy to be out of the basement.


At Kara's brownie meeting, they decorated gingerbread houses. There were some extra supplies, so the little siblings got to make one as well. I didn't have my camera at the party, but the girls wanted me to get a picture before they started eating the candy off.
The next night was Kiersten's adventure club family party. It was a dinner, and afterward the girls got to make gingerbread houses again.
A lot of sugar was consumed.
Can you imagine how excited I am to decorate the big gingerbread house we have at home with them? The houses all made it sneakily into the trash yesterday morning. So far no one has noticed. We made sure to do it while we were getting ready for our Christmas party, so they would be less likely to notice them missing.
Kara and Kiersten went to a 4 1/2 hour elves workshop on Friday night. When I left to pick them up, it had started snowing. By morning we had several more inches of snow, and the girls couldn't wait to get out and play. I had the excuse of getting ready for the party, so I was able to avoid going out this time :)
Kara played with some friends down the street, and Kiersten got cold and came inside fairly quickly. So that left Evie to build a snowman with Daddy.
And that kind of means he built it himself

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Your new hardwood floor is beautiful. And wow, that is a big and tall snowman.

Josh and Jackie said...

Love the floors I need to come visit again so I can see them in person. Love the snow pics and of the girls. We love you all and miss you guys so much!

Nancy said...

Ooh! Love the color of the new floors! Wish i could check it out in person!