Friday, December 6, 2013

A little snow goes a long way

School is canceled today for snow. (and I was thrilled to get a phone call informing me at 5AM) So far we just have an inch or 2, but we're supposed to be getting more the rest of the day. the girls were so excited to eat breakfast and get ready to go out to play. They only lasted about an hour, but really enjoyed it. 
They tried to sled down the hill on a rubbermaid lid, but there wasn't really enough snow. Maybe this is the year we finally buy real sleds...








my snow angel
Kara was the only one that wanted to stay out longer. But once she heard me agree to make popcorn and hot chocolate for the others, she decided she wanted to come in after all. 

Since the floors are still getting finished, we are down in the basement today. I brought down the popcorn popper and cocoa maker so we can have some goodies and watch movies together. the girls grabbed a bunch of pillows and blankets so we can all cuddle up on the couch together. Now if only Ben were here to enjoy the day with us :)

3 comments:

bmills said...

I wish I was there too. :~(

Unknown said...

I love snow days! One of the things I miss about California. :) fun!

Unknown said...

It looks like they had lots of fun in the snow. I like Kara's snow angel.