Monday, August 27, 2012

Bear Lake

For the last few days of our trip, we were in Bear Lake with my parents and siblings. I finally got to see Jackie's new baby, Jolee. She is just so cute and a dainty little thing!
Jackie had some belated birthday gifts for the girls. Evie is obsessed with baby dolls, and was so happy to get a new one!
Kiersten got a ceramic plate painting kit. She's already done them, I'll post pictures later.
And Kara was beyond happy to get more scrapbook stuff!
Most of my family camped, but we rented a house nearby with my parents and Jackie's family, since we didn't really have a way to bring tents and sleeping bags on the airplane. We thought about having someone bring that stuff for us, but I'm glad we didn't, since everyone's cars were packed to the limit already.
The rental house had a bunch of games in the closet. The kids enjoyed playing a few different ones, and ben and I kicked butt at couples trivial pursuit! :)

The kids loved playing in the water and on the beach.



we played football in the sand. It was girls vs. boys. It was actually Ben and my brother in law Josh vs. 4 girls. but we still got destroyed. It was really fun though.
Kiersten buried Lathan in the sand.
me and my man.
Kiersten loves my nephew Zack. she said he is her new BFF.
Josh playing fruit ninja. Nic was throwing a cantaloupe in the air, and he would slice it with a really long, sharp knife. I should have gotten a closer pic. It was kind of funny, but I hated seeing food go to waste. Everyone said they would still eat it, when I protested to this, but none of it got eaten.
We had some fun crafts for the kids. I did cupcake liner and popsicle stick flowers, and Angie had stuff for them to paint rocks, and duct tape to make jewelry and wallets. The best moment was my nephew Afton, rinsing off his paint brush in Ben's coke. Ben still drank it of course! It's good those paints are non toxic.

Adam celebrated his 14th birthday while we were there, so we had a little party after dinner. Here he is in the hat I made for him. I'm sure it will be his new favorite hat from now on ;)
My brother had brought a large birthday sheet cake for him, and I thought, "ooh, there will be leftovers for me to eat later". but I was shocked how fast that cake disappeared! We did have a pretty large group, so I should have known.
We stayed at the camp ground til dark playing games. Then us house people had to go back to our rental for the nights. I was really jealous because every morning, the campers all had hilarious stories of their fun from the nights after we were gone :(

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, Becky! That made me laugh right out loud when I read about Ben drinking his soda that had been used to wash out a paint brush. What a memory!

Angelique said...

We miss you already!!!

Josh and Jackie said...

It was a blast!..Can't wait till we see you guys again.. :)