Friday, January 2, 2009

Yay!


The pediatrician just called me and said that there was not sugar in Kara's sample. So for now they are not going to do the blood test for diabetes. Most likely she does not have it, but they will follow up at her 3 year checkup to decide if they will do further testing at that point, but it's looking good that they wont need to. There was some blood and protein in her urine, but they said the culture came back fine, so she luckily doesn't have a uti. so since she is feeling better, we are going to assume it was just the flu, unless she starts having problems again. All of this does, however, make me hesitant to take her in to the doctor's office when she's sick, since it seems like they are always scaring me with things that could be wrong with her. I know they're erring on the side of caution due to her past issues, but it is STRESSFUL.

2 comments:

Josh and Jackie said...

Good Becky that is so great to hear. What a huge relief that must be. Give her big hugs from me.

VicandNanc said...

YAY! Is the right name for this post!! I am glad she is doing good & I love this picture of her too!