Tuesday, January 20, 2009

sad news

I am so sad to say that my Grandma Boot passed away on sunday, January 18. She was 86 years old, and the best person I know. I am missing her and sad that she is gone, but I am glad that she is no longer suffering. I'm glad that she gets to be together with Grandpa after so many years without him. After living such a long, giving, selfless life, I didn't want her to go. I especially didn't want her to suffer so much at the end. Ben helped me to remember that when you come to the end of your life, it's supposed to end. This was the end of hers, and it is better for her to finally be with her husband, than to continue suffering on earth. I know she touched a lot of hearts and meant much to so many people. I admire her for her strength during WWII and also after she was widowed only a year after coming to America. I'm greatful that she stayed, even though it was difficult. I admire her courage and her humor. She was really a great person. I miss her a lot already. Here is a link to her obituary for anyone interested. http://www.legacy.com/saltlaketribune/Obituaries.asp?Page=Lifestory&PersonId=123038358 and the paper in provo http://ads.heraldextra.com/articles/2009/01/20/obituaries/337590.txt
Grandma meeting Kiersten for the first time in May 2008. She was already having a hard time with her memory, but she loved holding her. She kept opening her eyes and saying, "look! a cute baby!" Then she would give her a good snuggle and laugh. It is important to me that they got to meet.


Here is Grandma holding little Karalee in 2006. I think this was when she came down to Provo for my niece Laynee's blessing.


Here is a picture of me, Jackie, and Angie visiting her together. This is March 2007, right before we moved to Washington.

3 comments:

VicandNanc said...

I'm sorry to hear about your Grandma. It sure hasn't been a good year for grandparents :(

Emily said...

Becky, I am very sorry to hear this. I hope the services went well and provided some closure.

Vicky Van Sickle said...

I am sorry for your loss. I am sure she is really happy now. She sounds like a wonderful grandmother.