Thursday, January 15, 2009

1/15/09

We had such a busy day yesterday. We went up to Seattle and went to lunch with Ben at Gordon Biersch, then we stopped at the branch so Vicky could see his office. Then he had to go back to work, so we took the girls down to the aquarium. We spent a really long time there. Then we walked down to catch the ferry to Bainbridge island, and right when we got there, Ben called and said he would go with us, so I got him a ticket. He ran all the way from the branch and made it there about one minute after they called for boarding. He was covered in sweat, but at least he made it! We wanted to find a certain diner on the island, but when we got there, we found that it had closed permanently. Then we saw the children's museum there, and it is one we can visit for free with our membership. But it was also closed. We then had time to visit a cute little toy store, and then had to hurry back to catch the ferry back to seattle. It seemed like such a long, cold walk in the dark to get back to the branch. Luckily, Ben carried Kiersten, so I just had to push Kara in the stroller. I was glad I had parked right there, Ben and Vicky had to walk even further to get to where he had parked. I was exhausted once we got home. We had a quick dinner and watched Kung Fu Hustle (one of Ben's favorites) and then somehow, Vicky still had enough energy to play wii fit. She had to get up early for her flight back to SLC, I don't know how she does it. Now, it's just us girls again. We have plenty of housework to catch up on and laundry to fold. Both girls have coughs and runny noses still, so I think I'll just keep them home for a few days to get well.

Kara wanted to play wii fit with Grandma. This is the yoga tree pose. hehehe.

This is on the ferry to Bainbridge island. It was pretty cold, but both of the girls did pretty well. We were the only people outside on the way over. On the way back it was even colder and dark, so we sat inside with everyone else. My camera was dying, so I'll have to wait for Vicky to get home so she can email me some of the pictures she took.

We visited the Seattle aquarium. These were the fur seals we were watching. Kiersten fell asleep while we were there, so she didn't end up seeing any of the marine mammals.
These are the heart suckers that Kara made. some of hers turned out really pretty. This time, I had her use a little paint brush instead of a toothpick, and that was a lot less messy for her.

Here are some of the suckers that I did. The bears sure turned out cute, but when are any of us going to want to eat that big of a sucker???






2 comments:

VicandNanc said...

Kara'a little plummer is so cute! haha!!! I am jealous that my mom got to visit for so long! I would love if I could take that much time off of work!! Those suckers you made are pretty cute. You have been making so many cute suckers & cupcakes lately!

Vicky Van Sickle said...

I had such a great time during my visit. I loved being there to watch your darling girls! I finally downloaded my pictures today, 220 of them, and I will send some to you or post them on the family site.

Oh by the way, I loved the Wii Fit. Thats all I want for my birthday (but I doubt that I will get).

Thank you so much for making my visit so enjoyable.