Monday, April 30, 2018

Kiersten Of The Double Digits

Kiersten has turned 10! She is pleased to finally be a "tween". Her birthday always falls during spring break. It's nice to have the whole day with her. This year she wanted a donut for breakfast, so I was off to the store bright and early for some fun sprinkle donuts. 
I tried to make her birthday gift display look like bamboo. She loves bamboo because it reminds her of pandas. 
I made Kara blow up 10 balloons, and she helped Ben make a number 10 out of crepe paper. 
It wasn't my best door decorating, but she was still excited to wake up to it. 
When I was at the store for donuts, I saw this balloon on clearance for $3. I was checking it out to see if something was wrong with it, and the floral employee said it was just discounted because it had already been inflated for over a week. I thought it'll at least last one day, so I bought it. I'll have you know that balloon is still floating around the house nearly 2 months later!
After breakfast, she got to open her gifts before Daddy left for work. 


Kara was extra excited to have spent more than usual to give her some very nice gifts. 


Jingles had a great time with all of the wrappings. 










She is the proud and happy owner of her very own cell phone! Only, we didn't set it up with phone service, so for now she uses it to listen to music, take pictures, and play games. When we decide she's ready for a phone, it should be easy enough to activate it. 
Since she requested a special panda cake for her party, she just asked for a cheesecake on her birthday. That was easy enough. 
Happy Birthday to a sweet and fun little 10 year old!

No comments: