Wednesday, June 25, 2014

And when we're not at the pool...

I straightened Evie's hair a few days ago, and boy was she thrilled with herself. She loved having it straight and long. Of course the other girls are beyond jealous of the curls she wakes up with every morning.
Kara made these pen, pencil, and marker cups for the kitchen cupboards with my leftover scraps of contact paper and some cans.

All the girls helped me empty and clean the cupboards and drawers so I could line them with paper. I did really well cranking out the shelves for a few days, but I haven't gotten back to it. It's not even half way done. We accidentally ordered twice the amount of contact paper as we meant to, so I could probably do every drawer in the house if I really felt like it. It will be good to have it down the road when it gets torn up though.
This is how my cupboards turned out. I love it. It was also a great excuse to clean out and rearrange the cupboards. And you should see my pile of stuff to go to good will. I love to purge.
Ben's softball game last week was early, so I decided to take the girls. Of course they spent the entire first half at the playground, and didn't even look over to the softball field once.
Queen of the mountain.


Love these sweet girlies!


Proof  that I glanced over to the field a couple times. There's Ben in the light blue shorts. About halfway through, I made the girls go over and watch him play.
At first I didn't really want them playing in the sprinkler, but then it was so hot, that they were dry within minutes after they played in it.

Kiersten is doing a summer soccer camp. She is so happy to play again. I feel badly that we didn't get her on a team this spring. She really loves it. Afterward she was happy to be all sweaty and out of breath. She said, "it feels great to run around and get a workout!".

On Friday Kara and Kiersten went to a cooking class at Schnucks. I meant to sign them up for more classes, but waited too long, and this was the only day I could get them both signed up. They had such a great time. It was a barnyard theme, and they came home talking all about how great pork is. Kara wants to cook the meal they practiced for the family one of these nights. I will definitely be signing them up for this again in July. Sidenote: they are turning back into blondes after working so hard all winter to become brunettes. I was pretty shocked at the difference in Kiersten's hair color on the first/last day of kindergarten. She's a regular chameleon.


2 comments:

Nancy said...

Love the blonde! Can't wait to see them too!!

bmills said...

love those girlies too!