Wednesday, June 25, 2014

This is my life: in pool pictures

Since we are at the pool every weekday for swim team, and most afternoons, evenings, and weekends for fun, I have tons of pictures. So here they are. This has been our month of June. When we get back from vacation, swim team will be over, but I'm sure we'll still have plenty of motivation to be at the pool.


Kiersten has put on several water ballets.



Kara turned out to love swim team, which she thought she would hate. She has already asked me if she can do it again next year. I'm pretty impressed by how far she has come. She keeps setting new personal bests for herself.
Kiersten earned 2 second place ribbons at her meet this week. She is beyond proud! I'm not sure if she realizes that one of the races was only between 2 girls, but it doesn't matter. She improved her backstroke by almost 40 seconds, and no longer cries and freaks out at the mention of the dreaded word: backstroke. She is always pushing herself and giving 100%. I couldn't be more proud.
My little Kara bear has turned into a brown bear. despite my efforts to keep her slathered in sunscreen. I guess there's only so much you can do.
Now we just need to get Evie out of the floaty! I let go of her in the deep end yesterday, and she did not even try to kick or stroke. She just stiffened and sank, so we'll have to work on that! 2 months ago, she was swimming a little at her swim lessons, so I know she can do it.

No comments: