Thursday, February 6, 2014

Craft day

The girls had another snow day yesterday. One of the first things Kiersten said, was, "Can we do projects instead of cleaning the house?" So I decided to get out some paint and let them make art for their bedrooms. (after we cleaned up the house, hehe)
They each got a couple wooden shapes to paint. I got a whole bunch of them on clearance for .10 each, and they have been great for doing quick crafts.
After they painted their shapes and let them dry, I let them pick out some scrapbook paper to glue them onto. Then we put them in some old frames I was no longer using. Evie is quite proud of her butterflies and flower, and can't wait to get it hung on her wall.
Kiersten made a lovely bird and flower picture. She picked paper that was kind of busy, but I think it turned out very well.
I didn't have another large frame, so Kara got to make 2 pictures for her room.
I have built up quite a collection of empty glass jars. I use them for discarding bacon grease, etc. I started to run out of space to keep them, so I figured they might as well make a craft with a few of them. Kiersten made a toothbrush holder, and Kara made a jar for keeping hair clips. I painted some as well to use as livingroom décor, but did not take a picture. But mine weren't as cute and creative as the girls' anyway.
I finally finished Evie's cupcake hat she has been asking for. It turned out pretty cute. Not quite how I imagined it to turn out to start with, but she loves it, which is what matters.
Kara's grumpy cat hat. Ben did not know what I was talking about when I said it was grumpy cat. Who doesn't know about grumpy cat???
Kiersten's Minion hat. She really loves this hat, and now wants me to make her an evil Minion hat as well.
I made Kara and Kiersten's hat a week or two ago, but just got around to taking a pic since I was getting a picture of Evie's. Now they have requested Valentine's hats. I will put up pictures of those when I finish Evie's You can see a sneak peek of Kiersten's in the above craft pictures, though.

No comments: