Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Sweetheart Dance

Ben was lucky enough to have 3 lovely dates on Saturday night. He took the girls to a Valentine's Daddy-Daughter dance.

The girls were really excited to get dressed up for the dance. Kiersten was nervous for a few days beforehand. She kept asking me to help her practice dancing.

Apparently, Kara was not very sweet at the dance. She refused to dance with Ben, and wanted to hang out with her friends the entire time. Though she says she had fun and would like to go next year, I'm not sure if Ben will be willing to take her, unless she promises to dance with him.

Kiersten just loves this sort of thing, and was on her best behavior. Ben said she was very cute and sweet at the event.
Evie had fun too. She is still talking about what a great time she had. She keeps trying to console me because I was left out. I guess she doesn't see the fun in relaxing alone at home with a bowl of popcorn and my kindle.
They had dinner, cupcakes, a craft and goodie bags.
I hear from Kiersten that the chicken strips were a-maz-ing!
Kiersten always enjoys dancing with her Daddy. She didn't need to be so worried about knowing how to be a great dancer.
Our littlest sweetheart. I'm glad they had such a great night!

1 comment:

Nancy said...

Cute dance, Whitney would LOVE something like that! Also, I want you to know that shoveling the driveway is one of my favorite winter tasks/ activities. I don't even wait for the snow to stop, shoveling while snowing is the best even if it means I have to do it twice! ...also avoids those dreaded pack marks from the car :)