Tuesday, November 15, 2011

11/15/11

I just really liked this picture of my 3 girls the other day. and I also wanted to share it to get a picture of K &K in there, since most of the pictures I took this week were Evie solo.
She's starting to take after kiersten, falling asleep everywhere except for her bed. on this day, I had tried to put her down for a nap twice, and she just wouldn't go to sleep. Then as soon as I let her stay up, she was crashed out on the floor.

Another day last week, she fell asleep while I was vacuuming.

She has taken a real interest in the girls' sunggies the past few weeks. She has definitely noticed she didn't have one, and would stop at nothing to get wrapped up in Kara's or Kiersten's.

My sister Jackie's husband, Josh was in Tacoma for business last week. So we had him over for dinner one night. It was really fun. It had been a while since we'd seen him, so it was nice to catch up. Of course the girls loved having him around too.

Since i didn't get any good pictures of Evie in her cave baby costume, I put her back in it the other day before packing it away. She was happy, and felt special to be the only one playing dress up.

After searching for a baby-sized snuggie unseccesfully, I decided to make one for her. I know there are blanket sleepers, and jammies that would keep her just as warm, but she really was getting obsessed with the snuggies, and getting pretty jealous when the big girls wanted to wear them. So I found this cute fabric, and it was actually way easy to make. I thought the sleeves would be tricky without a pattern, but I had no problem at all.

She watched me like a hawk the whole time I was sewing. i tried it on her a few times to get the right fit, and she knew I was making it for her. She had to wear it as soon as it was finished. She was so cute parading around in it, and waiting for her sisters to see.

Then I used some scraps to make sleeping bags for the girls' barbies. Now they can all go camping together.

1 comment:

bmills said...

What a cute baby in a cute Snuggie