Wednesday, June 22, 2011

my ballerinas

I've had some tulle in my craft room for almost a year now. So I decided this morning was the time to use it. I had 1/2 yard of 4 different colors. So I cut that into strips and tied it onto ouchless headbands the girls have, but never wear. Then I just made little bows for the front to add a little bling. Here's Kara showing off her burgundy/lavender tutu.

They have already performed several ballets for me this morning. I love this picture, how Kiersten is looking up to Kara to see what to do next. I think it's a classic big sister- little sister interaction.

Kiersten got the yellow/cream tutu. She was a little disappointed with her color, so I added some little bows throughout the skirt, and made her a matching hairbow. That completely solved the problem! But then Kara was jealous of the hairbow, and I had to make her a matching one as well.

You can tell when Kiersten feels pretty. It makes it kinda hard to get a regular smile out of her though.

dancing together.

Kara thought Evie felt left out, so we put her in this pink tutu that I made for Kara about a year ago.

I don't know if it was a coincidence, but she started spinning in circles as soon as I had it one her, silly girl. (and yes, she's holding a bath sponge. it's currently her favorite thing to drag around the house.)

1 comment:

Vicky Van Sickle said...

The girls looked like they had so much fun. You are a great mom.