Friday, October 22, 2010

haunted house

The girls got to decorate a haunted gingerbread house. I let them decorate the ghost cookies and just eat them, rather than attatching them to the house. Here is Karalee's ghost cookie. Kiersten decorated this tombstone. I kept telling her not to eat the candy and icing, but as you can see, she did anyway.
Kara was so proud of this side of the house. She keeps reminding us about the spider she put there.
It's hard for me to not be a perfectionist and do it myself, but I really tried to let the girls do most of the decorating, and not worry about if it was perfect. They don't always do it how I would, but I probably wouldn't be decorating a haunted house at all, if not for them. Here is how it turned out. I did take over the front door and part of the roof, but they put on all the candy.
here we are with black tongues after eating the leftover candy. Kiersten kept going into the bathroom to stare at hers in the mirror.

1 comment:

VicandNanc said...

Cute house! I was tempted to by a foam one to put together, but didn't cuz it just isn't fun by yourself!