Monday, July 5, 2010

Independence day

We've done fireworks in the front yard with the girls a few times this weekend. I only took pictures on saturday night though. They loved this army guy that parachuted down from the sky.
Of course sparklers were a big hit, as always.


yesterday, we picked up Grandma Boot from the airport, and then after lunch, we took the girls to a parade in Burien. As soon as we got there, an old man came over and gave the girls free hats. He said they were to protect from the sun, but it was cloudy and cool the whole time. Perfect parade weather.
Kiersten was so excited to wear a pretty dress with pockets, but she got sick right after we left the airport, so we had to buy her a new shirt from target. She still looked cute though.
It was nice to be right at the very beginning of the parade. The girls got free flags to wave, and tons of candy. So the girls loved it of course. Kara liked seeing the dance groups and cheerleaders.
We came home for dinner, and watched Red Cliff. (which is 5 1/2 hours long). So by the time it was over, it was dark enough for fireworks. It's nice to be able to sit in our yard and just watch all the neighborhood fireworks. Some of our neighbors must shell out hundreds for the firework shows they put on. The girls both really liked it. My mom said it is like living inside the stadium of fire. Kiersten had no problem falling asleep, but all the loud fireworks kept Kara up a little later than I'd have liked. It was a fun independence day. I was glad that the baby didn't come. Ben has been saying for weeks that he thought she would come on the 4th, but I didn't want her to, so looks like I got my way for once. :) I have my next dr. appt on friday, so I'll probably be updating again soon. I've really been wanting the baby to stay in, but now that my mom's here, I'm okay with her being born any time. I hope she comes before or while Lana is here next week, so she'll be able to see the baby when she's here. I'm sure she'll be glad to see the rest of us, but it would be a little sad for her to be here for a week, and have to leave without meeting the new little one.

2 comments:

VicandNanc said...

Very fun week! I hope your little Evie(?) gets here soon too! I can't wait to see her & not sure when we'll meet her though.

Vicky Van Sickle said...

I am so excited for her arrival! I was going to buy airline tickets but Ben said you were all coming to Utah in August. I can hardly wait to see you all.