Thursday, May 28, 2009

busy week! 5/28/09

I am a sucker for these kinds of pictures. I love it! Kara bought roller skates with her easter money. Here we are getting her all safe to practice in the kitchen.
She did okay for a first-time skater, but all it took was 2 falls for her to decide she was done practicing that day. Ben took her outside to try the next day, and he said she wouldn't even let go of his hand. I didn't get to watch her because I was busy staining the fence in the backyard. My sister Jackie called the same day to let us know that she is expecting another baby! Exciting!
Here are the 2 cutest little chefs!
We went to NW trek on sunday. We knew it would be busy for the holiday weekend, but it was crazy! I've never seen a line to get in, and that day, the line was clear out past the parking lot. Luckily for us, the members line was only about 10 people long. So that was nice for us! It was a good day for seeing some of the animals that aren't always out and about. Here are a couple of lazy wolves.
Ben and Karalee at the trek.
Me and Kiersten baby.
We had pizza for dinner, and this silly girl kept putting it on her head. She thought it was hilarious for us to call it a hat when she did it.
Kara's ballet class had a visitors day on tuesday. Here she is with Kiersten getting ready to go. She was excited for Kiersten to get to watch her dance. Kiersten didn't really care about watching the dance. she was just upset that I wouldn't put her down to join the girls.
Here they are pouting because I wouldn't let them in the backyard before class. Kara kept promising not to get dirty, but I was mean and made them stay inside. I got some cute video of Kara's dance class. I will probably post some of it in the next few days.

Wednesday I took the girls up the hill for a play date with Kara's friend Jonas. Kiersten liked trying to play with his 4 month old sister, Hazel. I was pretty busy keeping her out of that poor baby's face. Kara was pretty good, but did fight a little with Jonas over toys, but they worked it out well for their ages.

Today I got up and went to the gym early so I could get home and shower and feed the girls lunch before my visiting teachers showed up. (They said 12 was the latest they could come.) anyway, they didn't show up or call until an hour later. So that was a bit of wasted time, which always annoys me. But o well, I guess I'll just have to get over it. they did ask if they could still come over, and I said no. I felt a little bad about it, but I have other things to do, ya know? Okay, now I'm just gonna let it go, and not be mad.

4 comments:

Josh and Jackie said...

Fun fun, I wanna see the video of her class I bet she is so cute. The NW trek looks like a lot of fun, if we ever get the chance to come and visit we'll have to go there.

pete said...

Love your new pictures! How cute!! Love the sleeping photo too!! Too cute!

VicandNanc said...

Sounds like a good weekend. Kiersten cracks me up :) Hey, don't be too hard on your visit teachers... I'm always late so I never give exact times, it just seems rude to cut off the first or second visit cuz you have another appointment! (I am however, always on time for the very first appt!)

Vicky Van Sickle said...

You have such nice posts; lots of pictures and writing. I love seeing so many pictures since you live so far away. And I agree about the visiting teachers; we have 2 to 4 ladies to visit. You never know when a lady needs to talk, and wants you to stay longer. I never use my phone either when I'm at a woman's home.