Tuesday, March 31, 2009

3/31/09

Kara and I made rice krispie treats for Ben the other day. When he went down to check them out, he found this mysterious bite taken from a large peice. Kara was quick to own up to it.


I went in to check on Kara watching a movie in the guest room. I found her like this, all cozy with Kiersten's newest blanky.


Our neighbor ordered some meat from a local vendor, but forgot to cancel their order. When they refused to buy the meat upon delivery, the meat guy came over to see if I would buy it. I told him I didn't think so, but he offered it to me at half price since a lot of it is stuff they don't normally get orders for and it would just be sitting around in their freezer waiting to be ordered. (it had been special ordered from thier supplier for my neighbor.) He showed me their bill for almost $800, and said I coudl get it for $400. I said that I would pay $300. So he said okay to that, but didn't give me the shrimp, since it will probably sell immediately anyway. I looked on the order, and it was just $18 for the shrimp, so I was fine with that. Now we have 2 freezers full of different cuts of steak, hamburger patties, and a bunch of different marinated chicken breasts. It will last us at least 6 months, probably longer! Here is Kiersten eating some of the chicken that Ben grilled for her. she grabbed the sweet and sour sauce out of the fridge and handed it to him, so he decided to give it a try. It actually turned out pretty tasty. Good call Kiersten.


sleepy baby after a long day at the Northwest trek.



We had to buy Kara a sweater at NW trek since Ben told her not to worry about a coat. It was rainy and cold, but they only had adult sizes. I got this one thinking I would just use it after, but she wont let me put it in my closet. It is hers, it'll just take about 10 years to grow into it. Notice the chicken nugget in her hand. I thought that was funny. All she got was one bite before she fell asleep.

3 comments:

Josh and Jackie said...

SOOO cute pics of the girls in the carseats sleeping. I'm so excited to see you guys next sat. It'll be so nice to spend some time with your whole family not just some of you. Anywho see ya soon.

Vicky Van Sickle said...

Wow, you got an awesome deal on the meat, lucky you! I would of probably paid the $400.00. Thanks for sharing the cute pictures of the girls.

pete said...

Love the pics! I guess Kara is warming up for grandma's rice krispy eggs!