Monday, March 16, 2009

03/16/09

Kara was practicing writing her name while I was doing dishes, and she asked me how to write Daddy. I told her that D A D would spell Dad. (I wanted to keep it simple for her, so I just told her the 3 letters.) She came running over to show me, and said, " Look! I write Daddy!" I thought it was too cute.


Here is a picture of Kiersten baby eating cake at her party on Saturday.

We were at the mall since her party was at build a bear. So we just got an ice cream cake and ate it there. It was good cake. (until Ben didn't want to take the rest home, and I didn't want it to be wasted.) I was trying to scarf down the left over cake in about 2 minutes. It didn't really agree with me after that. I realize now that was a silly thing to do. I should have just thrown it out and avoided the stomach ache and the extra 10 minutes on the eliptical I had to do the next day.




Here's Kara making the birth certificate for her batman elephant. (at least she thought she was doing it.)


you can't see Kiersten's monkey, but in front of it is Kara's elephant prior to being stuffed with fluff. She chose a batman outfit for it. The salesman was impressed that Ben was able to get the elephant into the batman suit. He said the elephant is the hardest furry friend to dress. Someone might have told us that before we let Kara choose that one. Oh well. I realize now we'll have to get pictures of their furry friends now that they are stuffed and dressed. That is the girls' friend Evan behind Ben eating his gift card. He's a sweetie.


Kiersten opening gifts at the mall. She got a cute stuffed lamb, a baby einstein movie, and a pop up pals toy.



Here we are in front of build a bear waiting for Kiersten's friends.


The girls love singing into microphones. They both love watching american idol. they sing and dance along.


Kara feeding "candy". She loves this baby doll, and Ben hates it.


Silly Kiersten licking her plate. Kara did the same thing at this age.

Kara showing Kiersten how to care for a baby. Kiersten would rather just drag it around and slam it into the wall, but Kara wants to teach her how to be a good mommy.


3 comments:

VicandNanc said...

Oh these pictures are so cute. I LOVE reading about these girls! Kiersten's party sounds like a fun idea!

pete said...

Cute photos! Kara is a smartie!

Josh and Jackie said...

So cute looks like she had a great first birthday. You two are great parents. Lovies