Thursday, May 7, 2020

Weapons Camp

Kara signed up for weapons camp at her Tae Kwon Do school. She had a great time.On the last day, the parents are invited to come and watch a demonstration. 

There was a lot of stick clacking. I would be afraid of getting my fingers smacked. 


When she first asked to sign up for Tae Kwon Do in 2nd grade, I wouldn't have imagined she'd still be doing it through 8th grade, and still enjoying it so much. 



On may way home from driving carpool for the camp, I got a frantic call from Kiersten. She said there were firemen all around our house. She said they hadn't come to the door at all, so I told her just to stay inside, and she could go to the basement if it made her feel safer. One of the kids in the carpool got excited and said, "I hope your house blows up!" When we got home, I sent Kara and Evie inside so I could see what was going on. Charter was dong something a few houses down, and I guess they hit the gas line under our yard. So The firemen came in to check our house for gas, etc. several times. They assured me before they left that our house would not be blowing up, but we got a giant hole dug in our front yard. The next day, the gas company came out to fix the gas line, and they accidentally cut AT&T's line, so they left the hole until that could get fixed. After several weeks of no one coming out, and plenty of phone calls with all of them, Charter finally came out and fixed the hole. But AT&T never came out to fix their line, so maybe it wasn't a current line? Or maybe those customers are just out of luck? Who knows. None of them wanted to come out to close the hole and fix the yard, because they all said it wasn't their responsibility. So that was an annoying few weeks. Ben would call me from work every day and ask if anyone had come to fix it that day. 

No comments: