Thursday, May 7, 2020

Evie and Lydia's Combo Party 2019 Edition

Evie and her bestie wanted to have a joint birthday party again this year. I'm not joking when I say that they spend the whole year between birthdays planning the next party. A lot of planning, re-planning, arguing, creating, and fine tuning goes into these shindigs. Notice the matching unicorn bathing suits. 
I like that they like pool parties. Not much for me to have to do. 


The rainbow float was a huge hit all summer. I didn't expect it to last as long as it did with how many kids would pile on it. 

The girls wanted to have a pinata with a smaller pinata inside, and further smaller pinatas, until the last one revealed 2 pieces of candy. Just for them. We had to tell them no on that one, and did a regular pinata where everyone gets some candy.


I think I've gotten that fancy stick before, and I think it broke both times. Not a sturdy stick for these athletic kids. 


The girls assigned Kara to make a unicorn scavenger hunt. She created these cute My Little Pony drawings, but they were rejected. They wanted more "realistic" looking unicorns. Is that a thing? She had even laminated them. 
Lucky for them Kara is a good sport, and loves drawing, so she started over, and made new unicorns. We wrote the scavenger hunt clues on slips of paper, and taped them to the back, then hid the unicorns in their spots. 
The MLP unicorns got hung as decorations on the rainbow waterfall. 
Not terribly noticeable, but very cute. 
When we got to the house after the pool party, they got started on the scavenger hunt. 
After the scavenger hunt, they used the waterfall for a fishing pond. That was pretty lively. 


The girls had asked for these poop hats they saw at Six Flags. I said, no, but sneakily bought them later, and saved until their birthday party. Notice the matching unicorn nightgowns. 
They were very kooky for gift opening as expected with these 2. 
The cake was unicorn as well, to fit the theme. 

Teamwork makes the dream work. 
After cake, the party was less structured, and they just had fun and hung out. There were definitely plans I'd heard about and items I'd been shown that did not get used during the party, but I just don't ask questions. 
They used the rainbow waterfall as a photo booth, and that was fun. 
Can you even tell them apart? 
The unicorn mask was definitely in demand. 

This is a very fun group of girls. 

Mr. Scooty can not be left out, as he came back into our lives in June when Ben re-broke his foot. 
Lydia and her mom brought the unicorn farts! Yum :)


No comments: