Thursday, May 7, 2020

Evie Had A Birthday, Shout Hooray!

Lil Evie Pie turned 9 years old if you can believe it.

I was a little lazy in decorating her door. A lot was going on that day. 
She had swim conference that morning, so we got up and going early. 
After swim, she didn't want to wait to open her gifts. So we had a quick lunch and let her get to it. 

She's a happy child. 



The bean bag was a huge hit, if not the biggest surprise after she'd spent all morning thinking about it sitting there on the counter. I couldn't figure out how to wrap it without wasting tons of wrapping paper. 

Her prayers were answered, and she is the proud owner of her very own hoverboard. We've only had to send it off for repairs once so far. 

She requested a pig birthday cake. I always figure something out to fulfill their cake requests. The ears are doritos dipped in pink chocolate and they were disgusting! It was Ben's idea to use the doritos. It was my idea to try one. The nose is a jumbo marshmallow. Ben made the bow out of red starbursts that he squished up. Kinda gross, but adorable. He used the pink starbursts to make a twirly tail. Since it wasn't for her party, I didn't want to do a very large cake. I think it's fairly recognizable as a pig. 
Ben is often the cake decorating hero. I do most of the work, but he's always there with the creative ideas that bring it all together. 



She chose Dalie's for dinner. She sure loves ribs.
I think she had a pretty awesome day. 

No comments: