Saturday, March 31, 2018

Speightstown, Holetown, and Bridgetown

We went into Speightstown almost every day either for the ATM, grocery store, or just to wander around. 


There was yard fowl pretty much everywhere we went. I'm not sure how they keep them out of the resort. Maybe that's what the cats are there for? We saw some pecking around outside of a KFC, so of course Ben chased them and screamed "run away chickens!". 
We tried out the city bus and the Reggae bus. Both got us where we were going, and cost the same, but the reggae bus what quite an experience. I never would have thought so many people could fit into a bus that size. I was lucky to have a window seat, and Ben was lucky to have his shoulder become a nice lady's seat, haha. It was a little slow going, and I was wishing we had gotten a taxi. All of the taxi drivers we met were very friendly and happy to chat and tell us things about Barbados and their lives. 


We went to Holetown to go shopping. I fell in love with those red and white umbrellas in the background. I took a ridiculous amount of pictures of those. I should set some up in the backyard. 


Even the parking lot at the mall was picturesque. 
Not sure what it is, but I liked it well enough to take a picture. 


On the evening of our anniversary, we went to Bridgetown for dinner. This was the night we rode on the reggae bus. 
We ate at Buzo's and it was my favorite meal of the entire vacation. 
I wish we had more time to spend in Bridgetown. I guess it's good to have something to look forward to next time. We never did make it to Oistins, which is where all of the staff at the resort was telling us to go. It sounded like a pretty crowded area, and I kind of enjoyed the lazy, relaxing feel of Almond Beach. 

No comments: