Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Black Hole Sun

We were invited up to the elementary school to watch the total eclipse with the kids. In the spring, they asked for RSVPs, and I only answered for one adult, so we only got one pair of solar glasses. Luckily a friend didn't need her reserved pair, and gave them to Ben to use. Kara's school told all the kids to wear black, so Kiersten and Evie decided to wear black as well. I just found my most moonish top. 
We got to do classroom visits, so I went to Evie's class and Ben went to Kiersten's as we had done the opposite on back to school night.
They walked out with their partner 5th grade class. Evie wanted to get a picture with her book buddy. They read together weekly. 
I wandered for a minute to find Kiersten since I hadn't visited her in her classroom. 
The 4th graders had super serious assignments about the eclipse to work on in the field. 

The second graders had a little book to show us.
They all had fun finding their buddies. 
I snuck Evie over to watch the eclipse with Ben and Kiersten. 

Everyone was excited when it started getting dark.
We didn't bring a camera, so just put the glasses in front of our phone for a picture, but they didn't turn out too exciting. You'll have to look elsewhere for your impressive eclipse photography.

I think their favorite part was getting to look without the glasses. There was a teacher with a bullhorn to tell them when to take them off and put them back on.
 It was pretty cool. 
We were not with Kara, so I don't have pictures of her, but the post is titled in her honor, since she would not stop singing Black Hole Sun for DAYS.

No comments: