Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Soccer Stars

Evie and Kiersten are playing soccer for Twin Oaks Christian School again this year. The first few practices are always rough when it's hot out, and everyone would rather be at the pool relaxing. 
Evie really wanted to try goalie again. But I think it's just not for her. She has a hard time staying in the goal and paying attention. It's better for her to be off chasing the ball. 


It is cute to watch her try. 
Maybe she will make a great goalie someday. Who knows? 
Kiersten played a pre-season tournament. It was only 3 games within the span of a week, so not too bad. We only had about a 30 minute drive for the games. 


They definitely got in some good running!
We had to wait around at the end for them to get their medals. 
Is it horrible that I don't even remember if they got first or second? I do remember they had to wait for the outcome of another game before they would know, but I guess I didn't care too much, or I would remember. 
We have an awesome group of sweet girls. They play so hard. 


She has so much fun, and loves doing something you couldn't pay me to do in such warm weather. She's a great sport too, always gets back up when she falls, and runs her hardest.
We took the girls for frozen custard at Ted Drewe's to celebrate Kiersten's soccer greatness since we were nearby. 
Kara was happy to get back to her martial arts. She felt rusty after having *GASP* 2 months off. She begged me to let her attend through the summer next year. We'll have to see what exactly we're doing travel-wise, because I don't want to pay for it if she's going to miss half of the month anyway. She just became a second degree brown belt on Friday, and has at least 4 months before she's allowed to test for first degree. After that, I think she has another 9-12 months before she can take her black belt exam. 
Here is some edible art courtesy of twizzler pull and peel and my kids. Isn't that fun?


No comments: