Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Pool Parties and Back to School Stuff

The girls had such a fun summer. It was kind of sad to take them to all of the back to school nights/activities. I love spending my days hanging out with them.
I had to get a picture of how we take the rainbow unicorn to the pool. We have to stuff its head down through the sunroof, and then the girls hold onto the handles. The best part is that the wings flap as we drive. There is a reason that it made as few trips to the pool with us as it did. 
We tried to get in as much pool time as we could as the summer began winding down. It was hard with soccer practice starting and back to school stuff, but we did have some nice lazy days left. 


Kara got to bring all of her school supplies and set up her locker ahead of time. The 6th graders have the short lockers, but it works. She was so excited to have any locker at all. She was kind of annoyed to have to wear her TKD uniform, but I needed her to be ready to go. Also, I'm pretty sure this is how she basically dresses every day anyway. I guess she'd normally have shorts instead of the uniform pants, but baggy t-shirts are certainly her thing. 
She set it up pretty no-fuss. I offered to help her with decorations, contact paper, etc., but she just wanted to be low key. She said if it's a lot of work setting it up now, it will be a lot of work taking it back down later. I couldn't argue with that. I'm sure once Kiersten is in middle school I'll get my chance to do some more exciting decor. 
We had to rush from Kara's back to school thing to Kiersten's soccer practice. I dropped Kara off at home on our way so she could get picked up for Tae Kwon Do. Practice was horribly hot and humid, so we stopped for some refreshing slushies afterward. 
We couldn't let summer roll away without a few more trips over to the North Pointe. Since the pool at the indoor Pointe was closed, we were able to use our membership to get in free of charge, so had to take advantage. 


Interesting flips were attempted. 
The climbing wall was slipped off of multiple times. 
And Evie rode the water slide 80,000 times!




I let the girls use some of their allowance on snacks. Everyone got dippin dots, which I feel are a major rip off. The girls are still impressed with them, so whatever. 


It's such a fun place, and even when we don't get in for free, still totally worth it for the price. 


For our neighborhood adults only pool party there was a Mardi Gras theme. At first I thought, "blah", but when I was telling Ben to wear purple and green, he decided that sounded like the Joker to him. So I thought I should dress like Harley Quinn. I didn't like any of the Harley Quinn costumes we saw, so I got a "Mardi Gras jester" costume, and then just did my hair in pigtails and drew a black heart on my face. We didn't want to get crazy with makeup for a pool party. I just wore my bathing suit underneath because it was wretched hot in that thing, and I knew I wouldn't want to wear it for very long.
I also wore a Mardi Gras mask to be more in theme, since we were taking some liberties there. I hated the pigtails so high, but Ben insisted Harley Quinn would not wear casual, low pigtails. Boo. The mask also made my face super sweaty, so I wore it mostly up on my head. 
Fun in the photo booth. I was glad I thought to bring an extra dress, because once I'd been in the pool, there was no way I was going to struggle back into the costume, fun as it was. 
These hooligans did not get a normal picture. Every single one, someone has to be acting up, haha. 
You can't see Ben's batman tattoo well, but I crossed it out with a sharpie and wrote HA HA HA on his arm. We thought we were pretty clever. It was a fun night. The food was good, and we danced plenty.
Summer- I miss you already.

No comments: