Tuesday, May 12, 2015

My Day

For mother's day this year, Ben got my oil painting framed! He bought this otter painting for me on our honeymoon in 2003. He didn't love it as much as I did, and we just haven't ever gotten around to having it framed. We have always talked about getting it framed, but other projects kept pushing it off the list. So I was definitely surprised when I opened it! 12 long years these otters have been waiting around.
I got it a day early, because that's when Ben picked it up, and he didn't want to try to hide it for just one day.
I wasn't sure where I wanted to hang it, but after trying out a few locations, I settled on putting it in the livingroom. I am actually kinda surprised how well it goes in there. I wouldn't have thought of this as being livingroom worthy, but I love it there.
On Sunday, I got to sleep in while Ben and the girls made me breakfast in bed. It was a huge, yummy breakfast, and I was more than ready to take a day off from eating healthy. I enjoyed every bite!
Later in the morning, we went hiking with the girls in Castlewood State Park. It was a lovely day, and I really enjoyed it, though Ben, Kara, and Kiersten were swarmed by mosquitos the entire time. We forgot to bring bug spray. I never notice, because I rarely get bitten, or even see them land on me, but Ben always gets bitten like crazy. The CCL nurse actually called me yesterday to let me know both girls had been in her office complaining about bug bites, and needing calamine. Evie is like me, and doesn't really get bothered by mosquitos.
Because of the bugs, we did cut the hike a little short, but it was a nice activity, and the girls were very happy to get Silky's custard instead.
Here are a few of the cards I received from the girls. There are about 20 more, but these were some of the stand outs. This was made by Kiersten. She also made me a rubberband necklace, a coupon book, and several pictures and cards.
 Kara made me this cute book about all the things she has learned from me. She also gave me two plants and a few other cards and pictures, and made me two necklaces.
 Evie made me several pictures, and I think this is my favorite. She is just so cute, and is lately writing the word "cat" on every picture she draws. It doesn't matter what the picture is of, she always writes "cat". She also made a few pictures at school which were adorable, and at school they baked muffins. She gave me that in a bag with some orange juice.
 
 
 I liked this sheet that Kiersten made at school. Why do they all think my favorite food is salad? This is hardly the first time one of them has said that. It's always fun to get a glimpse of myself through their eyes.
Hopefully all you fabulous mothers out there had a fantastic day full of love!
I love you Mom!!!

No comments: