Thursday, November 6, 2014

Turkey Trot

Kara and Kiersten had a Turkey Trot at school yesterday. Kara's was just after lunch. We got to visit the classroom first. The kids taught the parents a math game. I got to play with these cute girls.  
Then we headed outside so the kids could run their mile.

The starting line.
I did see her walking a few times, but she finished and was happy. She came in 61st.
We got to come back a little later for Kiersten's turn. In her classroom, she read me a book. She is a fantastic reader, and did a great job. Her class was the first outside, so they got to hang out for a few minutes while the other classes came out.

They were anxious to get going.
Kiersten kept a pretty good pace, and I didn't see her walking at all. We will find out their times tomorrow.
She came in 30th place. She wasn't happy with that, but I tried to convince her it was great. She was in the top half. She said next year she's going for top 10.
I love these adorable turkeys!
And a few pictures from the Chiefs game last weekend. It was a little chilly, so I didn't bring Evie's cheerleader dress. She was furious!
We got to ride in the courtesy cart. The girls liked that a lot.
Kara was nervous she would fall off the back. I told her if anyone was going to fall off, it'd be me, leaning over to get pictures of the girls.
We made it to the games area pretty quickly!
Big Ben!


Kara nailing the shot I can never seem to hit...

Ben got Evie's face pained. She was thrilled.
It's extra fun to be there when they're creaming the other team!
There were a bunch of hall of famers signing autographs. Ben got his Joe Montana jersey signed by some guys who played with Joe.
He almost peed his pants about meeting Tony Richardson. He was in line to meet Priest Holmes too, but he had to leave to go on the field and bang the drum before Ben got to the front of the line.
It was a really happy and fun weekend!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Those Chiefs games look like so much fun! I'm glad the girls got to run in the turkey trot. Ben was one of the four fastest boys in his junior high school years.