Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Utah visit

After a week in Idaho, we drove down to Utah to visit my family. The girls were super excited to get to see all of their cousins. Kara especially loved having girls her age to pal around with.
Ben had to go back home for work, but the girls and I had such a fun visit. On Monday, we all went to Jackie's house for the kids to play in the backyard.

It was such a nice, sunny day.
Poor baby Korver still had his cast on his foot and couldn't get wet. He seemed to feel pretty left out.

Cute Kyrie on the slip n slide.

I was thrilled to finally get to meet this sweet little guy. He's one of those happy babies you just love to be around.
We grilled hot dogs and burgers for dinner. It is kinda chaotic getting all those kids fed. I was slightly overwhelmed. There were 17 kids there between us 5 sisters.
Kara really liked playing with Addyson. She kept telling me that she is a tween, which is apparently a super impressive thing to be.
The girls were also excited to see Uncle Nic. He's one of our family members that they talk about a lot. And he was very sweet with them, as always. (even when Evie stabbed him in the crotch with a sword as hard as she could)

It was crazy with so many people, but tons of fun, and we had lots of laughs. I love laughing with my family, and of course every time I see them, it feels like no time has passed since the last time. (other than their kids getting huge!)

No comments: