Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Mother's Day weekend

On Saturday, the girls did a bunch of chores, and got to choose a reward at the end of the day. Evie chose to bake cupcakes. I was not too happy, as I was one week into my 2 weeks without sugar. So I found a recipe that only made 4 cupcakes. The hardest part was making the frosting without tasting it. The girls seemed to like it, so I guess it turned out okay.  
 
 
 The girls banned me from the dining room all day Saturday, so I was very excited to get in there on Sunday and see what they had been up to.
 It was really fun to open all of their little gifts they've been so busy making for the last few weeks.
 I also got a yummy breakfast in bed that morning. Ben forgot about my not having sugar, so I did drink a small amount of orange juice. But oh well, we can't be perfect all the time, right? Evie made an all about mommy picture. She said I am 5 years old, my favorite thing to do is play wii U (???), my favorite food is salad, I dress up in a cape, and I always say goodnight. Funny to see me through her eyes. Though I think she got me confused with Ben for the Wii U answer. I very rarely play.
 I now have plenty of bracelets and necklaces. Now I can finally make them clean up the bead mess in Kara's closet. I've been turning a blind eye since I knew they were making me something for Mother's day, and didn't want to spoil the fun. But I am more than ready for that to get cleaned up!
 Kiersten even made me a hair bow.
 This glitter tote bag was one of the things Kara won in her sleepover basket. I was actually pretty surprised that she made it for me. She had been pretty excited about it when we went through her winnings. I used it that day, and had lots of stickers and glitter on my arms by the time we got home.
 
 Ben bought me a new shark spray mop! I am so happy with it. It is much sturdier than a Swiffer, so I don't have to worry about breaking the handle. (as I've done 3 times now with swiffers) I was kinda disappointed that I had just cleaned the floor really well the night before, but in no time the girls took care of dirtying it up again so I could use my new toy. Ben also got me these super pretty roses. I love moving fake flowers out of the way to put real ones in their place!
I got to talk to my mom on the phone for about 45 minutes, so that was really nice. I hope all you moms had a nice day too! I always feel kind of silly on mother's day. I'm just doing what a million other moms out there are also doing. But it is very nice to see the kids so happy and excited to show their appreciation and love, so you can't really beat that. I just love being mommy to my 3 fun girlies!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love reading your blog. You have been blessed with such sweet girls! You are a good mother, I am proud to have you for a daughter-in-law. Those roses were so beautiful, the color was awesome!