Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Kiersten's Myseum party!

Kiersten decided to have her birthday party at Myseum this year. It was my first time there, though Ben had taken her there for a birthday party a while ago.

They loved this screen. They could move the images and cut them in half with pool noodles.
We had the party room for an hour. If we use this place again, I am going to request that they bring the gifts in for her to open. They took them as the guests arrived, and had them for us to take home at the end. We got done with the room 20 minutes early, and I would have liked her friends to see how excited she was about all the gifts they gave her, and to give her a chance to thank them in person.
She requested a minion cake for her party. I do have to admit that it is some of my sloppier cake making, probably due to my leaving it til the last possible moment to decorate. I should have spent a little extra for fondant or black frosting instead of using the sprinkles. They got all over the place. The next morning, after I made it, we all had little black spots on the bottom of our feet from all the sprinkles that got dropped on the floor.
She was happy with the cake, and I was kinda glad that it got eaten first thing, so people didn't have much of a chance to look closely. I haven't decided whether I will stick some candles into what's left of it on her actual birthday, or if I should make another small cake or cupcakes. Guess I have until tomorrow to decide!
They did a helicopter experiment, and once they were finished, they got to fly them in the big wind tube.
One of the most fun exhibits, is this shadow room. The kids stand in front of the wall, and their shadows get frozen there for them to look at for a couple minutes.



She had nine little friends at her party. They all had a great time together, and I was glad that they had so much time to play and explore. I guess it made up for her not opening the gifts.

I have a lot of pictures of Evie, since I spent most of the time following her around.


I didn't see much of Karalee. When I went looking for her, I finally found her in the baby area. (which Evie was kicked out of for being too tall...)
Wild animals!
Even I got locked in a cage. At least I was with some very nice giraffes.


Kiersten was pretty happy about these lollipops with her name on them. She can be pretty easy to please.
When we got home, we let her open all of her gifts.
She got so many fun new things, and had a pretty fun day.


1 comment:

bmills said...

Love those 4 beautiful Miller girls!