Monday, January 27, 2014

Sesame street and zoo

Yet another of Ben's favorite kind of picture. Evie asleep at the dinner table.

A friend of mine had tickets for Sesame street live that she couldn't use, so she was nice enough to give them to us. Evie was the most excited.
Kara was less than thrilled to go. I thought she might change her mind once we got there, but she made it clear she wasn't into it.


It was a pretty cute show.



For the past year and a half, I have hated looking at the dusty plastic ivy above the cabinets in my kitchen. It was left in the house when we moved in, and I just didn't know what else to do, so I left it there all this time.
Last weekend I finally pulled it all down, and went to home goods to find something better to put up. I think it turned out looking much better.
Of course Ben was very helpful, in helping me find good items to use. He hates to admit, but he has such a knack for decorating.
In the end I was able to reuse a couple of items I already had sitting around, which was good, since I had forgotten about this set of cupboards while we were at the store.
I made Karalee make her own goodie bags for her birthday party this year. I printed out some pictures of smurfs for her to cut out and paste on the bags. I took her to party city to pick out some candy and small items for the bags. She had a good time picking everything out.
She is pretty proud of her bags!

Kiersten and Evie were quick to lay claim to the plastic flowers that used to be above the cupboards. I even turned a few of them into hair clips for them.
(and yes, the girls are in compete denial that it is actually winter)
We went to the zoo over Christmas break, and I just found the pictures the other day. I had forgotten they were on there. So here they are!


This elephant was celebrating his 21st birthday. The girls thought it was hilarious that he was eating the cardboard box that his gifts had been in.

They were pretty happy to get out of the house.




1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love your awesome family so much. I really miss you.