Tuesday, February 19, 2013

St. Valentine's Day 2013

I hope everyone had a fun Valentine's day this year! We had a pretty simple evening at home. I was still pretty sick, and so didn't do any of the fun things I was planning for the kids. But I still tried to make it a fun day, so at least I got the table decorated. They always think that's pretty neat. 
before dinner we had some gifts for everyone!
Kiersten is so proud of her new necklace and earrings. And everyone at school complimented her on her pretty dress. 
Ben spoiled me with a new sapphire necklace. I found the jewelry bag in his trunk (but what does he expect when he asks me to help bring in the groceries, and has a gift hidden there?!?) so I knew I was going to get jewelry. But I didn't snoop in the bag, so I was surprised still. I expected to get some charms for my charm bracelet, so I was super happy to see this necklace.
I gave Ben a game, and the girls gave him coupon books, and Kara made him a stylish mask. 
Evie was really happy to get a sparkly pink purse, headband, hair clips, and leggings. She tried everything on right away. 

And the girls were all happy with their little heart shaped boxes of chocolates. 
Kara also got a new necklace and earrings. 


And of course, we had our traditional heart shaped pizza! This is the 11th year in a row, we've had the same thing for dinner on Valentine's day.  
On sunday, we decided to have a picnic in the park. It was a little chilly, but fun for all. 



It's been quite a while since we've been to the park, so this was a much needed outing for all of us. 
Kiersten got too cold, and wanted to go sit in the car, while the others were still playing. So I went with her, and we had a nice chat. 

When we got home, the girls and I made cupcakes. Kara earned a treat making day by doing lots of chores. She chose cupcakes, and was sweet to let her sisters help, though they didn't earn enough points. 
They wanted to make them look like ice cream sundaes. Since we didn't have anything that was needed for the ones in the book, we had to improvise. They turned out all right, but had too much frosting on top. 
I didn't want to use up all of my butter to make frosting, so I made a small batch of the pink, and they used some canned frosting we had in the pantry to finish the rest. Even Evie got to help with sprinkles. 


2 comments:

bmills said...

fun kids, and that looks like good pizza

Nancy said...

Cute Valentine girls! Your table makes me wish I would have made a little more effort!