Tuesday, February 12, 2013

2/12/13

This is just a cute picture I got of Evie when she lined all of Kiersten's babies up on the stairs and was taking care of them. 
and you know I can't resist snapping a photo when she falls asleep in an uncomfortable spot.
Kara got shrinky dinks for her birthday from her Aunt Jackie, and Uncle Josh. the girls had so much fun making them, and so did I. I was actually impressed how fun it was. I've seen them a million times, but didn't get what was so exciting about it. But I'd totally buy them for the girls to enjoy again. 
Kara was so sweet to let Kiersten help. After we made the shrinky dinks, it also came with beads and accessories to make them into jewelry. 


A fun way for all of us to spend an evening. 


Since Kara missed the recycling badge meeting at girlscouts while we were on vacation, she was assigned to make something new out of something old. She picked a Dr. Pepper bottle, a juicy juice bottle, and an olive can from the recycle bin. She used the 2 liter bottle to stamp some flowers onto paper that she is going to hang in her room. I saw this on pinterest, but it looked more fun than it actually was, and she got paint everywhere. 
I cut the top off the dr. pepper bottle, and she covered it with paper and stickers.  
Kiersten was beyond jealous, so I let her use the juicy juice bottle to make a jewelry box. 
Kara's finished headband holder. 
and Kiersten is so proud of her new jewelry box. when daddy saw their projects, he said, "wow. good job. but remember, these aren't things we necessarily have to keep around forever..."
She used the olive can and some old fake flowers I had to make a decoration for her room. Now the girls get after me when they see me throwing anything into the recycle can that they deem "reusable". So we may have some more projects in our future. Ben will be thrilled, I'm sure. 
Kiersten wrote the cutest poem she wanted to send to Grams. But I wanted to get a picture of it before we send it on it's way, since it's her first ever poem. If you can't read it, it says, "rose smells lovely to my nose. I think there is a pink sink". She is quite proud of her first poem!

3 comments:

Nancy said...

Haha, LOVE the poem! :) :)

Unknown said...

I love it that you do so many creative things with your girls. They are all sweethearts!

bmills said...

gotta love those kiddos