Thursday, January 27, 2011

1/27/11

I know it's gonna be a long day when Kiersten wakes up and says, "I want daddy to stay home today". I had to be the bad guy and tell her he was already gone to work. a classic, pouty bottom lip was her answer to that, and I've been hearing about how much she misses daddy all day. (I didn't even mention that he has a late meeting in Seattle tonight and will be home extra late). Kara joined in the daddy missing when I agreed to let her play wii. The controllers wouldn't link up, and I had no clue what to do about it. So they both were wishing he would come home. Luckily, they had a dentist appt. to look forward to. They are still at the age where going to the dentist consists of getting fawned over, and told how cute they are, getting "pictures" of their teeth, a little cleaning with bubble gum flavored toothpaste, and "mr. thirsty" to suck the water out of their mouth. Then they are sent home with a goodie bag and stickers, so it's something they really look forward to. While we were waiting for it to be time to go, Kara was still upset about the wii, so I told her we could do any kind of project she wanted. She chose a "fashion shoot". She wanted to be the photographer, but I talked her into being the director instead, so she could be in the pictures too. She chose everyone's outfits, tons of jewerly, and picked the settings. She tried to pose her sisters, but that didn't work out too well for her. This first one was cute, but the lighting was not working out, so I encouraged her to find another spot for the shoot. This worked out better, but Evie had started to get cranky.



The best Kara picture. She loves coming up with poses, but sometimes they just turn out looking odd. So this one was the best.
Kara got to help take the pictures of the other girls. She really loved Kiersten in this pose, and did about 8 pictures all posed the same.
Kiersten finally changed it up on her own, and we got this one.
Evie was crying a little, so we were trying to snap pictures each time she was calmed down. But once she saw the flash and heard the click, she'd start crying again.
Finally, the last pictures I'm gonna post from Kara's birthday. Kiersten helped me bake these big cupcakes while Kara was at school monday. I've had the jumbo cupcake pan for several years, and this is the first time I've used it. I can see why. They were really huge cupcakes. Who wants to eat that big of a cupcake?!? (besides Kiersten...) I didn't have quite enough chocolate frosting, so 2 had to be pink. Kara wanted her 5 candle on one of the pink ones. The other pink one mysteriously disappeared when Kiersten was left alone in the kitchen for a few minutes. I still can hardly believe she could eat such a large cupcake so quickly, but I have to believe it since I haven't been able to find any remains anywhere.
I got out the milk for the girls to have a drink, and by the time I turned back around, this little rascal was investigating the refrigerator. Since the camera was already on the counter, I had to snap a picture.
Kara asked for mac and cheese for her birthday dinner. I made chicken with it, and made her pick a veggie. She went with broccoli. While I was making the dinner, she had Kiersten help her set the table. I took their plates over first, and by the time I made plates for Ben and me, these 2 had already started scarfing down their dinner. notice she even made place cards.
Even Evie had a place card.
making a wish on her birthday cupcake. She got that crown at school. She was so excited to come home and tell me that she got a pair of sharp scizzors to use at school, and no longer has to use the little plastic safety ones.
I told Ben to take a picture of Evie by the cupcakes. He kept telling me to let go of her, and finally convinced me she'd be okay, so I let go. She didn't fall, but she did grab a handful of chocolate frosting, so I quickly grabbed her again as he took the picture. She was desperately trying to get her fingers in her mouth as I cleaned her off. So Ben felt badly, and snuck her a little of the pink frosting while I wasn't looking. Kara was talking to Nancy on Ben's phone.
Kiersten just had ice cream since she'd already snuck a cupcake earlier.

1 comment:

Angelique said...

Very cute, Looks like it was fun!