Thursday, February 21, 2019

A 5K On My Day

The day after Halloween, Evie was so ready to wear her new red dress. She'd been trying to wear it for a week and a half, but I kept saying, save it for after Halloween at least. Happy November 1st.
I turned 37 this year, and had to get up bright and early to get the girls downtown for the GOTR 5K. Ben surprised me by decorating my door. It was pretty funny, and the girls were surprised as well. I've never been one to do much birthday celebrating for myself, so it was certainly different to be the surprised one for a change. 

Ben got up early with us so he could watch me open my gift. 
Counter-top ice maker, yay!
It was pretty cold outside. but not as bad as it's been in years past. I didn't see any of the girls crying this time. 
Ready to run!
We got there early enough to hit most of the booths and fun activities. 
Doing squats. 


Getting all amped up for the race!
5th graders. 
3rd graders.
They were both exhausted after running those 3 miles. Evie beat Kiersten's time this year. We were looking for her at the finish line where I had told her to wait for me, but she wasn't to be found. We didn't realize she wasn't finished yet. Evie hit a pothole and face planted on the asphalt. I stopped, and was trying to walk her over, out of the way, but she started back up running and was not interested in stopping. she just ran off with tears streaming down her cheeks for a few minutes. I was proud of her, but a little disappointed not to get a little break out of the incident. 

After we got home, Ben loaded us all up in the car to go to Six Flags. It was the last day to get a certain deal on renewing our memberships. We ate lunch there, and also decided to hit a few rides. I was pretty tired, I'll admit. 
They were loving the Christmas decor. 
It turns out it was a pretty perfect day for turning 37.

No comments: