Tuesday, October 30, 2018

Mesa Falls

On our way to Island Park to see Grandma Van Sickle, we like to take the scenic route so we can stop by Mesa Falls. Ben likes to get a picture with the Tetons if they are visible that day. We were in luck, and could see them really well. He told the girls about climbing up there when he was a scout. 


The kids have a great time wandering around at the falls. It's nice to get out of the car for a bit.
Cutie Kiersten is not exactly a nature lover, but she's always a good sport. (Until she sees a bug.)
I was super mad about this. I told Ben not to take the girls out on the rocks, and he did anyway. An accident waiting to happen in my opinion. 
I almost refused to take the picture, but they were already out there, after all. I was thinking about what I would say on the news, "I told him not to take the kids out on those rocks! He just wouldn't listen! I'm the worst mother in the whole world..."
Kara is definitely a nature loving girl. She really had a great time with Papa trail riding and fishing. It was good to get her away from her video games and anime for a few weeks.


Little love bug has a great time no matter where we are. She's always smiling, laughing, and enjoying her life. 
It was a nice short walk, we did cut through on the trail instead of staying on the paved path so we could call it a hike.
There is always some nice person offering to take a family photo. Isn't that cool?
I will never be satisfied with my pictures of this place. It is awe inspiring in person, and that just can't be captured, I suppose. 


We always sign the book so someone will know we came all the way from St. Louis to visit. 
I always feel a sense of relief almost to be back home in the mountains. 


It's nice that there are stairs, to get between the upper and lower falls, but I can see how some people don't like having them there. 
What I live for!




They always comment on how loud it is. Evie didn't spot a unicorn this time. :(
But I thought I might have seen a hoof or horn poking out, hard to tell. 


I was glad to be up here, and not down there. It's hard not to imagine one of the kids careening down the side of a cliff. So I try really hard to just be cool, don't freak out. Then I warn them to stay back off the railings. 
We also like to read all of the signs that we pass. 

No comments: