Thursday, August 31, 2017

Georgia Aquarium

We drove to Atlanta after we left Siesta Key. We thought it would be fun the check out the Georgia Aquarium.

There were lots of different fish than what we got used to seeing in the Seattle Aquarium. 

We spent a fair amount of time watching the dolphins. The girls did not want to stay for the dolphin show later in the day though. I guess they had gotten their fill. 
I like how interactive it is. The girls loved running through and climbing up the exhibits. 
They all have a passion for penguins. Evie loves to state penguin facts. 
It's been a while since we've been able to see beluga whales. I don't think any of the girls remembered seeing them before when they used to have some at the zoo in Tacoma. 
Karalee tried to have a staring contest with this big crab. Do crabs blink? I don't think we ever saw it blink. This guy was missing a few legs, but seemed to be able to get around fine. 

Guitar fish? I think this was called a guitar fish. I thought it was a hammer head, but the person who said that turned out to be just a rando walking by. The lady who worked there said hammerheads are too aggressive for this type of exhibit. This tank is enormous. It is 30 feet deep and the size of a football field. And it is just filled with so many fish and animals. 

We came to the lobby for the penguin waddle. Evie was concerned we would miss it, so we were there a few minutes early to get a good place to stand. 
They waddled on down the ramp, hammed it up a bit, and then off they waddled. I'm pretty sure it was the highlight for Evie. 
I enjoyed walking through the tunnel in the big tank. 

I ate cake cor lunch. That's the sort of thing I do. 

After lunch the girls made paper turtles. Kara gave hers a movable mouth, which impressed the puppeteer. He said he was going to make a few like that too. 
The whale sharks were definitely my favorite, and the main reason I even wanted to visit. They have 4 of them if you can believe it. They are massive. we spent a lot of time watching them and took over 100 pictures just of these big fish. There were divers in the water talking about them, but it was difficult to hear. 

There was a 4D Spongebob movie which of course the girls thought was great. 











This was a rope bridge that the girls had lots of fun on. 
We had fun creating creatures and seeing if they were able to make it across the marsh. Most of them sank, and we had some giggles. 

I would totally come here again. I'm sure we missed at least a quarter of the activities. We were there on World Ocean Day, so there were so many fun things set up. 

No comments: